As an eligible employee of a participating employer, you pay a fee of 0.6% of assets. For comparison, the average mutual fund fee in Canada is over three times higher at more than 2% per year. This low fee for Common Good can make a dramatic difference in how much money you save for retirement.
These are all-in fees and cover:
- Investment management
- Plan administration
- Custodial fees and other costs associated with running the plan
Your employer, as the plan sponsor, pays a fee of $10/month for each employee who is enrolled in the plan. This fee covers:
- Common Wealth’s digital retirement planning technology
- Employer service (e.g., onboarding, payroll deduction)
- Member service (e.g., inquiries, one-on-one member support)
- Education for you and your employees
If you join as an individual or leave your employer but remain in the plan, you pay a fee of 0.7% of assets and a $3/month membership fee.
Transaction and processing fees of $75 per transaction are charged for fund withdrawals or transfers out, and death and marriage breakdown processing. For non-sufficient funds (NSF) transactions, the fee is $40.
We don’t charge any fees to transfer existing RRSP or TFSA assets into the Common Good Plan, although the financial institution a member is transferring out from may have fees associated with the transfer of those funds.